During a trip in October 2012 across the Nullarbor to Kalgoorlie driving a loaded truck, John Raymond (former Captain of Rowville Brigade and former CFA Board Member) saw a caravan set up in an isolated place on the roadside. This sight led to discussions with a number of CFA friends resulting in the idea for the formation of a CFA Caravan Club.
The club is supported by the CFA, with formal recognition and approval to use the CFA logo. Membership is open to all current and former CFA volunteers, and past and present career staff.
The CFA Caravan Club is a great way to avoid isolation whilst travelling, access reviews from others who have travelled, promote the safe and responsible operation and towing of caravans and link ‘like-minded’ people with a common interest.
The Club’s website has a “Members Only” area offering a wide range of information on trips, activities, purchasing, assistance and support. The Club enables members to participate in activities organised by the Club, or to informally connect with other members wherever you might be in Australia. It is well known that caravanning is a popular pastime for many past and present CFA members. Therefore, the CFA Caravan Club is keen to hear from those interested in becoming a member.
What better way to enjoy your caravanning experience than to travel with a group from the CFA ‘family’ throughout Australia who share a common passion for caravanning and travel?
- CFA Caravan Club is for current and former CFA volunteers and career staff to participate and co-operate in activities associated with the ownership and operation of caravans (including camper trailers and motor homes).
- To promote safe and responsible towing of caravans.
- To foster the enjoyment of caravanning for members.
- To observe and initiate safe practices when travelling.
- To organize and promote social activities amongst members.
- President - John Raymond.
- Vice President - Allan Small.
- Secretary/Treasurer - Mick Evans.
- John Fenton
- Alan Waters
- Brendan Collier
- Bill McIntosh
- Allan Murfitt